Chocolate Mud CakeChandra Shekhar Pandey
- 250 gr unsalted butter
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups Water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cups self raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tspn Vanilla
- 1 tbspn rum or strong coffee
- Place first 4 ingredients into a saucepan, then heat through until all ingredients are combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- When the wet ingredients have cooled, pour into the sifted flour and cocoa powder. Mix together until just combined, add eggs, and vanilla and rum if required. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a greased, lined baking pan and bake at 150°C for approximately 1 ½ - 2 hours depending on size of tin and height.